Apply to join our team as a Doggie Play Group Manager today!
Top Dog SF – Adventure Dog Walker- San Francisco
Check us out on Instagram! Virtually visit the doggie ranch online today!
This is an amazing opportunity at a fantastic local small company. Our Yelp and Google pages will show you what our clients have to say about our work!
Details of the Position:
- Outdoor Dog Adventure Walker
- Employees drive our company vans, transporting up 12-15 dogs to and from San Francisco to our private, safe, clean enclosed Adventure Dog Ranch along the coast. The company pays for all fuel, insurance, and maintenance costs.
- Adventure Walkers split their time picking up our doggie clients on a pre-planned route with other regular four-legged pack buddies in a company van as well as hosting an outdoor fun Adventure Walk for our Top Dog SF clients.
- Our Adventure Walks are extraordinary group dog walking excursions allowing Top Dog SF Ranch pups the opportunity to exercise, socialize, chase, fetch, play and sniff at the ranch.
- Daily tasks such as social media, client report cards and pre-Adventure Walk prep work needed as well.
- All of our dog walkers are paid to complete their certification through Top Dog SF’s Dog Walker University along with Pet First Aid and CPR trained within their first two months of hire.
Compensation / Benefits:
- $20 – $25 / hour *(depending upon experience).
- Employees work about 30-35 hours a week ($2800 – $3500 monthly), Monday through Friday from either 8am to 3pm or 9am to 4pm.
- Paid time off that has started accruing since hire date, at 1 hour per every 30 hours worked after 3 months.
- Monthly data reimbursement for cell phone usage after 3 months.
- Client referral, employee referral, and performance bonuses.
- Health stipend available after 3 months.
- Paid holidays.
- Opportunity for additional income for weekend walks and overnight client stays.
Employees love a lot of things about working for Top Dog, SF – here are just a few:
- We are a 5-Star Company based on reviews on Google and YELP!
- 2018/2019 Best of San Francisco Magazine Best Dog Walking Company!!!
- We are an award-winning, well-established dog walking and training company with opportunities for growth.
- Predictable work as an employee and not as an independent contractor with a reliable income.
- Exciting, fun company dogs, clients, and co-workers.
- Opportunity to work outdoors and be active at work.
- Private, safe, and clean dog ranch located in Montara, CA.
- Safety is a priority for us! We are an insured and bonded company.
- Employees are provided excellent on-the-job training for anyone new to working with dogs.
- Stable, reliable income based on a pre-planned route and dog pack.
Job Duties Include:
- Pick up, drop off and transport dogs safely in a company vehicle.
- Walk/exercise, and return dogs home safely, professionally, clean, and timely from our dog ranch.
- Safe driving, and accident-free animal transport.
- Keep supervisor informed of anything important that arises during the day (good or bad).
- Provide daily report card for each dog at the end of each day in our client portal (either picture or short note).
- Check-in and out of the Top Dog SF Head Quarters (our office) daily.
- Daily check-in and out of clients pups through our scheduling software.
- Keep company vehicle clean and organized. Report any safety or maintenance issues immediately.
- Regular Social Media posts, pictures and videos for company sites.
- You are reliable, punctual and prioritize safety.
- You are willing to learn and understand our reward-based dog training methods.
- You are a capable driver, who ideally have been working and driving in San Francisco or other urban areas who is comfortable with traffic, larger vehicles, construction, city parking, hills, and wet weather, etc.
- You exhibit great customer service skills and attention to detail.
- You are an excellent team player that can work independently.
- You have a passion, and patience, for dogs!
- A valid California Driver’s License (Class C) with 5+ years of city driving experience. Clean driving record a must.
- All employees must be able to check-in and out daily at our office located in the Inner Sunset District of San Francisco.
- Candidates must be available Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm or 9am to 4pm.
- The majority of tasks assigned will require you to walk or stand on your feet for several hours per day, drive, sit, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, twist, walk up and down stairs; handle extra small and/or large dogs, and be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Comfortable working with up to 15 dogs at a time off leash in a secure outdoor environmet.
- Ability to follow client requests in regard to pick up and drop off instructions, and be flexible if things change.
- Capable of working in an environment with traffic, the public, outdoor environments (rain, wind, sunshine, cooler weather, dirt) and barking.
- You may be exposed to solvents, disinfectants, sanitation chemicals, animal dander, saliva, urine, feces, animal teeth, and claws may contact hands, skin, and clothing.
- You have previous customer service experience and are capable of communicating with clients, staff, and vendors in both written and spoken English.
- You are capable of working with little supervision.
- You have the patience and empathy to work with puppies and other animals with special needs and requirements (medical and behavioral concerns).
- You must own a smartphone (iOS or Android) with the ability to run our scheduling software (using data and GPS as needed).
- You can wear tennis shoes or boots to work, no tie needed. You must be prepared for a day working outdoors in a natural environment with groups of happy and excited dogs.
- We will need three professional references (we would prefer former managers).
- Virtual or in person interview is the next step in the process.
If you have always wanted to work with dogs once in your life, this is that special opportunity to make it happen.
- We have been fortunate to have operated an award-winning, highly rated, unique, and successful adventure dog walking company since 2004. Top Dog SF is to take dogs living in San Francisco and bring them out to a natural environment. We have a camp near Montara that is private, safe, and secure. The only dogs there are our Top Dog SF dogs and the only people there are Top Dog SF employees. The camp is fenced in for security, maintained for safety, and has access to toys that will enable safe and monitored play.
Learn more about us on Glassdoor! A former employee previously stated that Top Dog SF was “what dog walking should have always been like!”