Apply to join our team as a Doggie Play Group Manager today!
If you have experience working or volunteering with animals, this is your opportunity to work professionally for San Francisco’s top rated dog walking company! Also, if you have been working as a professional driver (cabs, ride sharing services or delivery) this is your chance to get out of your personal car and spend some time in a natural setting with the company of dogs.
Top Dog SF offers applicants with urban driving experience (professional or personal) employment with a reliable schedule and competitive/predictable pay. We are looking to grow our award winning, employee-based team and you do not need prior professional experience working with animals to apply. Top Dog SF offers a paid training program to help you build your skill set and confidence level with dogs.
You would not need to worry about using an app to accept work and determining your income. You also do not need to own a vehicle for this position. Top Dog SF has a company provided fleet which enables you to work with dogs in a natural setting focused on learning, safety and fun. Top Dog SF encourages all dog lovers to apply.
What this job entails: Driving our company van to pick up dogs + exercising them at our private camp.
- Doggie Play Group Managers spend about 60 to 70% of their time picking up dogs on a pre-planned route, driving a company van/shuttle to and from our private camp in Pacifica.
- Doggie Play Group Managers will also spend 30% to 40% of their day dog walking and playing with their group at our private camp.
- Doggie Play Group managers must complete Dog Walker University. This is an internal training program that we have developed. It is available at a cost to customers but it is free, paid training for our employees. Dog Walker University is training that will benefit you and the relationship you have with any dog, for the rest of your life!
- Industry leading, competitive pay
- Paid time off; pay increases and incentives available after 30-days of employment
- Revolutionary/Optional 18 month Dog Walking Company Owner Apprentice Program. We will teach you how start and run your own private dog walking company in San Francisco. If you select this optional path, we will refer you to our future new client inquiries that we can not accept as new clients. A private dog walking company in San Francisco could easily exceed 100K in gross annual revenue.
- Ability to earn extra income! Employees earn a bonus each time they successfully refer a new employee! We also often have a variety of extra tasks and work with animals that can increase your earning potential.
Job Duties Include:
- Pick up and transport dogs in company vehicle. Dogs will require assistance entering and exiting the vehicles.
- Walk/exercise, and return dogs home safely, professionally and timely.
- Keep supervisor informed of anything important that arises during the day (good or bad).
- Provided updated status/training report on each dog as needed.
- Check in and out of the office daily
- Check in and out of clients’ homes daily through mobile app, and/or leave clients a daily written note after each walk if needed.
- Ensure dog’s safety and health at all times, while in transport, at camp or on walks.
- Keep vehicle clean and organized. Report any safety issues immediately.
- Strong communication skills. Be prepared to answer the phone, check voicemail and respond to email as you progress through the hiring process.
We are looking for team members who are …
- Love of the company of all dogs
- Reliable and dependable
- Willing to learn
- Great drivers who ideally have been working in San Francisco or other urban areas
- Exhibit great customer service skills
- Enjoy working on a team
- A valid California Driver’s License with 5+ years of city driving experience. No violations with a clean driving record.
- Comfortable working with dogs but also capable of working as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- All employees must check in and out daily at our office, located in the Inner Sunset District in San Francisco.
Scheduling & Availability: Be reliable and dependable. Must be available to work one of the shifts listed below,
Monday through Friday; 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday; 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Employees love a lot of things about working for Top Dog, SF – here are just a few:
- We are a 5-Star Company based on reviews on Google and YELP!
- 2018 Best of San Francisco Magazine Best Dog Walking Company!!!
- We are an award-winning, well-established dog walking and pet sitting company with opportunities for growth
- Work as an employee and not as an independent contractor.
- Work is not determined by your speed to accept walks or passengers via an app. Top Dog is able to offer a very reliable schedule and payroll.
- Exciting, fun company dogs, clients and co-workers
- Opportunity to work outdoors and be active at work
- Private dog camp located near Pacifica, CA
- Safety is a priority for us! We are an insured and bonded company
- Employees are provided excellent on-the-job training for anyone new to working with dogs
- Stable, reliable income based on pre-planned route
READY TO PLAY? JOIN THE TOP DOG SF FAMILY TODAY!
We strive to provide fun and energetic experiences, both on and off-leash, for our dogs utilizing reward-based training methods and specialized treatment plans for each dog based on their needs and personality.